VOLUNTEER AND INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Re:Gender’s Volunteer and Intern Program exposes people to the inner workings of a nonprofit while providing valuable job training, mentoring, and networking opportunities. The program introduces people to the daily and long-term issues nonprofits currently face. Volunteers and interns participate in various Re:Gender projects and activities involving our network. In addition, interns have opportunities to forge connections, thus initiating or growing a professional network.
To be considered for an internship, you must be eligible for academic or work-study credit or college-sponsored compensation or be participating in a recognized internship placement organization (e.g. Futures and Options).
To be considered for a volunteer opportunity, we ask that you commit to an agreed-upon schedule and/or project outcome.
Volunteers and interns are needed to support various projects and activities (see examples below).
- Provide graphic design artwork for the organization on an ad hoc basis (must have comprehensive experience with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
- Act as webmaster, update and enhance website as needed (must be fluent in Druppal)
- Support social media activities
- Conduct outreach and make connections to traditional media sources
- Author blog posts and website content
- Compile content for and produce the monthly electronic newsletter (using Constant Contact)
- Data entry (experience in DonorPerfect preferred)
- Contribute to the development of online publications
- Assist with programmatic convenings (e.g. Annual Summit)
- Assist with various clerical duties, including answer phones at reception
Interested candidates should send a cover letter describing interest, availability (hours available and start and end dates), resume (in Word or pdf format), a short writing sample (2-3 pages), and a reference list with email addresses to email@example.com .