Women of Color Leadership Summit
THE CHALLENGE AND THE CHARGE:
Strategies for Retaining and Advancing Women of Color
Corporate Leadership Summit
One Time Warner Center, New York City
(Entrance on 58th Street between 8th and 9th Avenues)
Glenda McNeal, Senior Vice President, Global Client Group, American Express; Aynesh Johnson, Managing Director and Global Head of the Office of Global Leadership and Diversity, Goldman Sachs; Joyce Chang, Managing Director and Global Head of Emerging Markets Strategy and Credit Research, JPMorgan; Nellie Borrero, Global Human Capital & Diversity Lead, Accenture; Carla Harris, Managing Director, Global Capital Markets, Morgan Stanley
Soledad O'Brien, Anchor, Special Correspondent and Host of Black in America and Latino in America, CNN (moderator)
Women leaders at the front line of corporate diversity initiatives reflected on their successes, the barriers overcome, and the continuing obstacles to advancing more women and women of color. Panelists explored their experiences in climbing the career ladder and shared insights into the most effective strategies for advancement. They focused on how to remove obstacles, implement best practices, as well as facilitate strategic partnerships.
The Summit met four main objectives:
- Offered a critical analysis of the challenges in retaining and advancing women of color;
- Identified best practices developed by companies to advance and retain women of color in senior management and decision-making positions;
- Proposed new and innovative thinking on how to break through the “concrete ceiling” confronting women of color;
- Mobilized companies to undertake case studies and self-report on successes and challenges in implementing solutions.
Leading corporate executives from different industries and researchers explored strategies and shared trailblazing steps for advancing women and women of color into leadership.
WEDNESDAY APRIL 28, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Working Group Meeting. By Invitation Only
* Strategies and Interventions: Lessons Learned
* Barriers and Challenges for Women of Color
* Creating a Success Index to Groom and Retain Top Talent
* A Call to Action
Federal Reserve Bank Of New York